Thursday 23 September 2010

Great unknown line number 11

Let's try to keep count of the great unknown lines. This one is from an housemate from my year in Liverpool. It was a few months before I got married, I was very busy with work and the first thing I used to do when I was getting home was to call my then fiancée now wife, who was living in another city. That evening as I couldn't reach her, I left a message on her answer phone while I was cooking dinner. My housemate saw me doing this, the phone in one hand and the spoon in the other, stirring whatever I was cooking (I believe it was a chicken curry), a bit breathless as I was doing two things at once. After I hung up she looked at me, amused, and said:

"You are SO married!"

So voilà, great unknown line number 11.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!