Tuesday 16 March 2010

Cooking blogs

I am not a big follower of cooking blogs, as I think they are too often virtual catalogues with some nice photographs. That said, there are some that I really love and follow eagerly, as they manage to be quite inventive in this often very unimanginative format. Notice that I use the word "cooking blog" very liberally, as these blogs often are not exclusively about cooking. So here's the list:

-My French Cuisine. Maybe my favourite, and I say this very carefully as I don't want to take anything away from the others. But anyway, I particularly love this one because of the cultural aspect. Her post on Easter got me into the blog, I found it fascinating. I read this blog for the cultural aspect more than the food, as the posts reveal a way of living.
-October Farm. Not really a cooking blog, but as I said I use the term very liberally. There are plenty of posts where there are meals and their recipes, mainly comfort food, they are always seasonal and they always look delicious. I haven't cook one yet, but I have been printing many of them and I am planning to give them a try. I have started following this blog for other reasons, but I was amazed that kept reading the recipes.
-Baking Brownies for Mozart. From Mozart Girl, who is a professional baker (and boy does it show on the decadence of some of the desserts there!). Why I love this blog has nothing to do with Mozart (no seriously), but everything to do with my sweet tooth. I need to try some of those desserts, although I am always worried that I might miss the cakes.

I should also mention that Desideratum posts sometimes recipes which are quite mouth watering. Oh, and I published one recipe myself, here. So far it's the only one.

2 comments:

Mozart's Girl said...

Wow Guillaume...I'm so honoured that you mentioned my blog! Thanks so much for the lovely comments. If we ever meet, I promise I'll bring a Salted Caramel Cake for you two to try!
Have a great week xox Rachel

Estelle said...

Tres flatee moi z'aussi ! Merci :-)