Thursday 12 February 2009

In Ottawa, really?

For the first time in a long time (maybe since the beginning of my conscious life?), I envy something from our neighbours in Ontario, and I might find the Canadian capital appealing. I never liked Ottawa, I find the place boring, bland, the beige, saccharine version of a British town. But the atheist bus will soon show up there, it seems. That means before Montreal? That's unfair, but logical. After all, the current Canadian government is now composed by many God fearing idiots, so that will send the right message to the people of the capital. I envy my brother.

Oh, and here the Christians decided to ape the original campaign and launch a counter-advert, using a barely modified slogan. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. A little debate about both position, between Ariane Sherine and David Lharlam. He seems a nice enough guy, but she makes her point much better, I think (then again, I am a fan of hers). That said, I would have asked him if he thought the only essential way to go to Heaven was not to be moral in actions, but to be God's sycophant. Here is another interesting view on the recent debate, and the central role of British intellectuals in it. And, talking about great British intellectuals, it is Darwin's birthday today.

4 comments:

Eugenie said...

It's not coming anymore. :(

Guillaume said...

What? Why? Too many God-fearing idiots in Ottawa?

Eugenie said...

Here's not much of an explanation.

Guillaume said...

Yeah, I read some articles about it. It is pure censorship and pretty disgusting. You got a bunch of scared pussies. Oh well, it means Ottawa is just as boring as it has always been.