Monday 2 February 2009

Candlemas

It is Candlemas today, which means that we are going to eat pancakes. I will buy some maple syrup if I can find any at a decent price (they are all imported from Québec) and some chocolate sauce for topping. And then I will probably make a mess of all this, because I am terrible at making pancakes. Anyway, I am always ready to celebrate the next holiday in the year, so Candlemass will do. And given the weather (more on that below), pancakes are appropriate. I would love to celebrate it with the children I teach, I think Candlemass is one of those holidays made for children. We don't really celebrate in Québec, but I have a French friend who was quite into it and she got me into it.

And it is snowing. In England. My wife has decided to work from home, sadly she decided this when she was at work, so she'll be back soon (hopefully). I will be happy when she gets back. But since she works from home, it means I will not use the computer much today, so I will spend it reading. Oh, bliss! With that snow outside, it's heavenly. My week is supposed to be busy, starting tomorrow, but I don't know how much the snow will change that.

No comments: