Friday 12 December 2008

Wrapping things up

I don't have much to write about these days, as my life is pretty uneventful. I am just longing for snow, for a real winter, even though I know my people is complaining at the moment because it is falling down heavily there. Today I have been wrapping Christmas presents. Then I got a haircut, so that is one less thing to worry about. Then I bought tonight's meal at M&S. Then I had a drink of real ale at my local pub. Nothing too exciting, maybe nothing worthy to blog about, I know, but at least I am literally getting things done before we go. I still have some presents to buy, but not so many, so I think I can avoid a panic phase this year. I don't know if I am excited or bored at the moment. I am wrapping things up and I am really longing forward to spend Christmas in my wintery country ("mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver", as we say), but in the meantime I find the waiting extremely tedious. Waiting for Christmas is in itself exciting, but these days I often find the food I eat bland, find the weather grey, the books I read and the movies/tv I watch uninteresting and overall I seem unable to focus on anything.

No comments: