Thursday 17 April 2008

Bang Bang, You're Dead

My wife says I am conservative when it comes to music, and it's absolutely true. I don't like much of the modern stuff, music production could have stopped after Pink Floyd and I wouldn't have missed much in my collection. That said, according to my wife I enjoy new songs and groups only when the music they play is old-fashioned. I discovered recently (well, almost two years ago) through the BBC short-lived series Sorted (a shame they axed that one, by the way), the tune Bang Bang, You're Dead, by Dirty Pretty Things. Love it to bits. I don't know exactly what I love so much about it: it's sort of good old rock beat, it has a bit of a Ennio Morricone feel, juuuuuust enough to be perceived, there is the British accent, and it all mixes so well.

So here you are, here's the official clip from youtube, so you can judge for yourself:

4 comments:

holly wynne said...

Happy to see you writing about music :).

Guillaume said...

Interesting, why does it make you happy? Anyway, what did you think of the song?

Correspondent said...

Interesting mix of the Kinks & the Clash. Thanks for the kind words about the blog, BTW. Merci, Guillaume.

Guillaume said...

Correspondent, I will visit your blog often, as you talk a lot about lovely Liverpool. I think my time there was too short, but I felt at home almost right away. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I will try to write about music more often. My tastes (and knowledge) are all around the map. I grew up with classical music (especially found of opera) and started enjoying modern music much later in my life (well in my teenage). I'll try to keep it interesting anyway.