Saturday 14 January 2017

A circle of friends

Something I noticed with becoming a parent is that it changes your circle of friends or at least your relationship with them: you lose contact with some people and your bond with others is tightened, because you share parenthood. Our family experienced it today when we visited some uni friends of my wife for a baby shower. For the future mummy (I say future but she already has two children) it was the very first time she was meeting little Wolfie. It was lovely catching up and of course Wolfie was very popular. He made every woman very broody (he usually does that), even when he was being cranky (when our son is upset he twists his bottom lip and it makes your heart melt). We may not be exactly at the same step of our journey as parents, but sharing this status really gives us a sense of belonging. At least we never get short of subjects of conversation!

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I don't have kids and I know my circle of friends have changed, since I have went through life. I guess it's to be expected! I can just image Wolfie making everyone's heart melt! Awww!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, as a childless woman I am extremely familiar with how friendships drift apart once people have children.