Thursday 8 September 2016

Addicted to Amazon

Since we are waiting for little wolf to arrive (any day now), I have been preparing his coming by buying lots of things on Amazon. I usually prefer to do shopping in person, not because I am old fashioned (although I am), but because I find Amazon unethical in many ways, I don't like that they often hurt local businesses and I also suffered a while ago from poor customer service. So I kept my distance for a while. That said, when you want something quick, it can become a necessary, or at least useful, evil. So I bought things on Amazon: bed sheets, nappies bin, clothes, plush toys, etc. Oh and some books for myself, as a treat. And after orders came through, I had to admit to myself: I was behaving like an addict. Well, not quite as dramatic as that, I didn't empty my bank accounts or anything of the sort, but I spent far too much time on Amazon than I should have had. So when little wolf is here, I will put a stop to it. Except for the few odd things I will need quickly and at a cheap price. But otherwise, I will kick the habit. Promise.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Get out while you can, Guillaume. Next thing you know, you'll be doing unspeakable things in exchange for Amazon gift cards.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

With no car, living in a tourist trap area, and about 30 miles from the nearest decent shops, I confess online shopping has become a necessity for me and I don't like it, but at least I can get things now without having to worry about forgetting them when I can get to the shops or having to go without.