Saturday 23 July 2016

Fame or Shame (and Barry Lyndon)

I found via Facebook this quiz created in the honour of Barry Lyndon, one of Stanley Kubrick's masterpieces, which is apparently back in cinema. The quiz is called Fame or Shame: how would you fare as an 18th century adventurer? Apparently, I would be a Drifter: "An opportunist and optimist, you're always looking for ways to improve yourself and don't mind taking a few shortcuts on the way. When fate knocks you down you get back up again, certain you'll reach the top in the end."If you have seen the movie, you know I would on the long run end up in a better position than Redmond Barry. It is a pretty accurate description of what I would be, albeit don't think I am an optimistic. In any case, it made me want to watch the movie again.

No comments: