Monday 9 May 2016

The milk run

I took this picture in the National Railway Museum in York. I took many, many pictures there, so many that my wife got a bit embarrassed sometimes. You can see I love trains. I took this one in particular because it is a milk tank, which makes the train journeys it took part in before being exhibited in the museum literal milk runs. The train commute I do every day is also a bit of a milk run. I have done many commutes by trains that we far worse, but I guess any routine journey that has many stops is a milk run. Anyway, this picture reminds me of the expression and while I was in the train today I thought I would share it on the blog. Milk run is the word of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand the connection,, I suppose many would find that term applied well to their morning journey, same stops each day,,