Monday 16 May 2016

Classic Cluedo!

Sometimes you have small yet very pleasant surprises, that make your day jnot because you gain anything from it personally, but because it gives you hope in human civilization. Like when I saw this. It was a most welcome sight during my last visit to a nearby Waterstones. Usually I would not be too happy to see a board game in a bookshop (because I expect to find books and book related material in a bookshop) but seeing this Clue/Cluedo game really made me happy. it is called a retro series, but it truly is and should be called Classic Cluedo (or Clue, if like me you discovered it under its North American name). As opposed to the revamped, modernised and rather pathetic attempt version of recent years. This is back to its source, the game as we know it and as we love it. And it is the 1986 edition, the very edition I discovered as a child. It became my favourite boardgame and it always have a special place in my heart. Cluedo contributed to develope my love for crime fiction (for a long time in whodunit form) and fueled my imagination as a child. I am so very glad it is back in its classic form and look.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I didn't know "Clue" had a different name in Europe. The classic board games are the best, I agree!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i loved playing this!

Guillaume said...

@Debra-Yes, Cluedo is actually its original title.
@Jaz-I miss playing it. I was really tempted to buy it.