Thursday 11 February 2016

Wondering about the next train journey

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum in York and, while it is an excuse to show pictures of our time there, it also illustrates this post's topic. Which to be honest is not very original: I often blog about trains and train journeys, short and long. The title of the post is a bit misleading, as I know what my next train journey will be: it will be for my commute. But I have been wondering about my next train journey. Right now, I do not long for long train journeys, like I do sometimes. I am back from holiday and the journey, although not on a train, was long and exhausting. So I am happy to remain sedentary for a while. Still, at some point I will want to travel and to travel in a British train. I am now far better equipped than last time I went on a train journey: I have my travel tea mug, I have a better coat for harsh weather (my wife and I were soaked when we arrived in York), I also as always have some books that would be ideal to carry and to read on a long trip. All I need is a destination.

No comments: