Thursday 6 February 2014

A crocodile in Bristol?

Sometimes, the news take a turn to the bizarre and the improbable: a crocodile has been seen beneath a bridge in Bristol. There even has been a second sighting. I am, to say the least, skeptical. A snake, I would find this plausible, a small saurian, even. But a six foot crocodile? This sounds highly unlikely. So until there is proper evidence shown, I think we have here the beginning of an urban legend, like the one about the sewer alligators of New York, which fascinated me as a child. But this is one of those urban legends I wished was true, just because it is so darn outrageous and because a croc on the loose in England is kind of cool.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Apparently, there are crocodiles in France living close to nuclear plants because of the hot water ... but to this day I haven't seen one!

Guillaume said...

Fun urban legend, it has a bit of godzilla mixed in it.