Monday 19 August 2013

Halloween in mind

Maybe I am writing this as a cheap excuse to upload another picture of the Jack O'Lanterns on the house windows of this house I saw recently. Well, not maybe, it certainly is an excuse to upload more pictures. However, like I am sure many of my fellow Halloween aficionados, I am getting in a Halloween mood more and more. It is not autumn yet, but the air in the morning and evening is filled with a bit of a chill that is definitely not summery. It looks and feels more and more like the summer is ending. And it is, of course. But in the evening, there is something vaguely eerie about it. Soon, as soon as I finish reading this novel, I will get started on horror stories. I can barely wait. The Halloween mood starts in late August for me. I read Dracula and The Phantom of the Opera in the middle of summertime and they haunted me until the end of the next season and beyond, I played the Dracula game on a hot September day... Somehow, it is always now that I start thinking about Halloween.

4 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Yeah, I can definitely sense it in the air.

suzanne said...

It's getting close. But the temps around here need to drop a few more degrees.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Now that I look at this photo again, the chair at the bottom of the shot almost looks like a torso. In which case, its head has been blown off and now rests on top of the bay window.

Guillaume said...

@Mantan-I think it is in people's attitude. Maybe it is just confirmation bias from my part, or projection, I don't know.
@HS-It has been hotter recently, like summer blasting its heat before going away.
@Debra-There is something ghostly about it.