Thursday 14 March 2013

The way to Manchester

I hope nobody finds me a repetitive blogger these days. I know I don't switch topic very often, let's put it this way. Tomorrow, I will journey to Manchester for my pilgrimage, which will consist of visiting the Anthony Burgess Foundation and see a play. More about it here and here. I am plugging it again: it's only £6.00 and it is on tomorrow and Saturday.

So I will be on the road, on the train, for quite a while. Last time I have been to Manchester, I had only been through Manchester really, I didn't stop there. At work, people wondered what the heck I was going to do there. It is a big city, but not exactly a tourist location. I am going there, of course, as a pilgrim. And for the long train journey I will of course read a novel of Anthony Burgess: Abba Abba. So many to read, so many to reread. It is one thing I love about long train journeys, the opportunity to read a lot.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Have a safe journey and Hope you enjoy the play and the city. at the least it is an adventure, cheers.