Saturday 30 March 2013

Easter Chocolate Shortage

This is my Easter post, unfortunately a very gloomy one. Maybe I was trying to purchase chocolate too late, but it seems that there are barely any Easter chocolates anywhere! In Marks & Spencer, almost everything but a few Easter eggs were out of stocks. That said, the choice this year was so poor and unimaginative, it was depressing. Where are the bunny rabbits, the hens, the chickens, the whole chocolate menagerie? I could not find an Easter rabbit anywhere, not even the Lindt one. So I bought a few Cadbury's Easter eggs. I wanted a whole, big, bunny rabbit in chocolate. That is what I usually have. Now it seems that there is a chocolate shortage, and a creativity shortage too. And I thought Easter was all about Pagan gluttony. Not this year it seems.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Il restait pas grand chose au Pharmaprix non plus. J'ai presque dû prendre un agneau en chocolat. Ou un tout petit écureuil (j'aurais dû, pour le manger devant ses satanés écureuils qui piquent des graines destinées aux oiseaux dans mes mangeoires). Il restait beaucoup de canards surtout. C'est quand même moins pire que des joueurs de hockey ou des Spiderman...