Saturday 8 December 2012

Christmas crime read

A better title to this post may have been This the season to be reading, but I used it already a year ago exactly. But this title is quite good too. I read seasonal, as my (modest) readership knows. Which means that I try to read stories that follow the time of year: horror in autumn when Halloween is on its way, crime fiction set during summertime when summer comes, etc. I am not that manic, I mean I do ultimately read what I can find when I can find it, however I do like to read as much as I can in season. So I decided to treat myself recently and bought Ice by Ed McBain, set during winter. I love a good Ed McBain and it is always a pleasure to meet again the cops of the 87th Precinct. I watched the TV movie adaptation back in 1999, when I had started discovering McBain's novels and the 87th Precinct series. My English was more limited then and I didn't understand all of it, and it was a long time ago so I do not remember much of it. But I remember finding the casting pretty much spot on. Anyway, I know it is going to be a fun read.

No comments: