Friday 8 June 2012

Furious weather

I know posting about the weather is maybe a trivial topic, but the weather has been very impressive recently. There is nothing trivial about it, it has grandeur, epic scale and furor. It has been raining, sometimes pouring, and the wind has been relentless. It is the blowing wind that is the most impressive: a tree broke down in the garden here. Earlier this evening, I was waiting for the train and saw the trees nearby the track. Their trunks were thick, yet they looked like they were ready to break down. I am always impressed by such spectacle. It does not feel much like summertime yet. It is June, not technically summer yet I guess, although I consider June the beginning of summer. But it feels like a mean April or September. It is beautiful outside, in a nasty way.  I would be lying if I was saying I was not longing for warmer temperatures. Still, the furious wind is quite a sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think that the weather teaches us humans much needed humility...

Guillaume said...

Oh I did feel very humble and humbled.