Thursday 26 January 2012

A walk in the drizzling rain (and a coat)

This is another post about those little nothings that make life (I do them sometimes). I hadn't made my lunch yesterday so had to go to my favourite place to buy a sandwich. It was rainy, but nothing Apocalyptic, just a small drizzle. And I really enjoyed it. I do enjoy walks in the rain sometimes. It is not a walk in the snow, but it is enjoyable nevertheless. And I will have my walks in the snow soon.

That might sound silly, but after a monotonous yet exhausting month, it was a nice, calming moment. And I also have a good coat that keeps me warm and that is so very nicely waterproof. For those looking for one and who are not shocked by this shameless publicity bit, it's a Berghaus. Back in Liverpool, I bought a cheap winter coat in an open market, I thought it was warm and waterproof, it ended up being neither. I still like it, I wonder why. With my new one, I look like an otter when I put the hood up and it rains. I feel like one too. Rain is enjoyable if you can stay dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing as invigorating as walking in light drizzle if your shoes and top stays dry. As for the old Liverpool jacket, I imagine that you still like it for sentimenal reasons:-)

tao.owl said...

You have been awarded the "Versatile Blog Award" on my my blog, come check it out :-) Happy blogging!