Thursday 30 June 2011

Those crowned heads

I am getting royally fed up, pardon the very bad pun. I knew it, I was dreading it already, but it is happening now and it is just as unpleasant. So Kate and William are in Canada. Now that they are abroad, can we have a week without them? Well of course not! People from both sides of the Atlantic are all oooh and aaahhh watching the newlywed couple. And journalists and the media are expectedly sycophantic towards both sides of the Atlantic too. I would live with it if I was merely an immigrant coming from a republic. But I am not. I am a British subject who was born in a colony: their Queen is my queen, this heir is also my future king. And it is an absurd institution. Somebody is born and because of this should bow. The whole Commonwealth needs a guillotine. And I know this is technically seditious libel, here and maybe even in Canada. So I will qualify this: I am speaking figuratively, of course. I would never even hit a crowned head, even with a tomato or an egg, unlike some loyal British subjects. But I will voice my discontent. I am not a loyal subject. Monarchy is a stupid old joke.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well, if you had no monarchs then you'd miss the opportunity to make fun of those absurd hats they wear to the royal weddings! I now know wear the term 'mad hatter' originates...ha!