Monday 30 May 2011

Tea, cake, scones and Mozart

Well, blogging certainly has its benefits, like my wife and I had the pleasure to discover recently: because we were passing by where Mozart's Girl lives we stopped there for tea. I ate among the best scones I had in life, drank lots of tea, with Mozart in the background. You cannot be better received than this and it is pretty much my idea of a great Sunday afternoon.

Since the cake was not ready when we arrived she was generous enough to give it to us. I hope she does not mind that I put the picture here. She was embarrassed by its appearance, I still haven't figured out why. Probably because she never saw any of mine. Artists are perfectionist with their work. I thought the frosting on the top was such a nice touch.

It was strange to meet for the first time in the flesh people whom I have known online for quite a while now. The idea of an online community takes its full meaning. We spend months, sometimes years in their company. Meeting them enhances the experience. It is the icing on the cake, so to speak. I cannot thank her enough for her hospitality, so this post is the least I can do to show my gratitude.

6 comments:

Mozart's Girl said...

Ah, dear Guillaume! Thanks for this lovely post..it was so good to meet you both as well, we really enjoyed the afternoon! Hope you like the cake when you eat it too! Good luck for tomorrow too. Xx Rachel

Mozart's Girl said...

Ah, dear Guillaume! Thanks for this lovely post..it was so good to meet you both as well, we really enjoyed the afternoon! Hope you like the cake when you eat it too! Good luck for tomorrow too. Xx Rachel

Guillaume said...

And thank you again for your hospitality. We had the cake last night and today. Delicious. It won't last very long.

Anonymous said...

It looks a most delicious cake:-) and now I am rather in the mood for tea, and music...what a lovely way to spend the afternoon, and special too.

Rosinda said...

I also follow dear Rachel's blog and loved reading about your encounter! She is definitely a sweetheart. I am so glad you enjoyed meeting her. What a wonderful experience!

Rosinda

Guillaume said...

@Anonymous-It is indeed a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
@Rosinda-Hey thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I will visit yours and comment on it.