Tuesday 8 April 2008

Detective Tales

Hey, here's something fun, I found here a list of great little art covers from some pulp magazines. Ah, those were the days, when one could just write, write and write some sex and violence stories, with no literary value whatsoever, make a living from it and still get away with it. I love the illustrations, they all have shock value and they just make you want to read them. I wonder if they were being drawn before somebody would come up with a story to go with them. I used to put the covers as wallpapers for my computer, one different following the month of the year (an April cover for April, etc) but since this computer is shared between my wife and I and since she finds those illustrations sinister and a bit repulsive, I had to compromise for something more marriage friendly. But anyway, here's the 1939 April cover of Detective Tales for you to enjoy. tell me you don,t want to read the story and know what happen to that girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to be that girl